Give Your Dog Somethin' to Bark about!

Wag-On-Inn office hours: Monday ~ Friday 9:00 am ~ 6:00 pm, Saturday 9:00 am ~ 12:00 pm. Closed on Sundays
Daycare hours: Monday ~ Friday 6:30am ~ 6:30pm; Saturday 7:00am~6:00pm (DSR Members Only)

Friday, May 13, 2016


"I had this rare privilege of being able to pursue in my adult life, what had been my childhood dream." - Andrew Wiles

A couple days ago was the two year anniversary of my college graduation. Family members, friends, and various people would ask me what I was going to do after I graduated or they would ask me what I intended to do with my degree (English: Creative Writing), but I had not the slightest idea!

I spent the days leading up to my graduation and my days after graduation applying ferociously to every job that pertained to my degree, didn't pertain to my degree, sounded interesting...you name it, I applied for it. But it was in my search for ANY job, any job at all, that I stumbled upon Dog Star Ranch. What is Dog Star Ranch? I thought to myself, I'd never heard of it, so I visited their website, checked them out, and wondered how I never knew this place existed!?

I thought to myself...I want to work with dogs! That sounds like fun! So I sent in my resume and crossed my fingers, crossed my fingers that someone, anyone would want to interview me, or better yet, hire me! I did not hear back from 90% of the jobs that I applied to, and I was okay with that because the one job that I really wanted to hear back from called me! You guessed it! Dog Star Ranch reached out to me and asked if I was interested in coming in for an interview. It was hands-down the best interview I've ever had for a job, probably because I was petting a dog the entire time, which really helped calm my nerves.

But to end this story short, come the end of May I will have been working at Dog Star Ranch for two years! And when people ask me what I do, I joyfully tell them that I work at Dog Star Ranch where I get to care for the big and small, the short and tall, the soft and fluffy furry four-legged fur-friends that come to Dog Star Ranch!

And when they ask me what I've done with my degree, well, you're reading it! I get to write creative stories about all my fur-friends! I get to do something that I absolutely love. My senior high school quote was "There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those." Dog Star Ranch not only caught my eye, but it also caught my heart.

I feel very lucky to have found Dog Star Ranch, much like how many of you feel very lucky to have found Dog Star Ranch for your fur-babies! I appreciate there being such a unique and one-of-a-kind of a place, not only for your fur-babies/our fur-friends, but for humans as well.

"Scratch a dog and you will find a permanent job." - Franklin P. Jones

Check out more pictures from today by clicking on the link below!
https://flic.kr/s/aHskzKBMgf

No comments:

Post a Comment