Give Your Dog Somethin' to Bark about!

Wag-On-Inn office hours: Monday ~ Friday 9:00 am ~ 6:00 pm, Saturday 9:00 am ~ 12:00 pm. Closed on Sundays
Daycare hours: Monday ~ Friday 6:30am ~ 6:30pm; Saturday 7:00am~6:00pm (DSR Members Only)

Thursday, February 4, 2016


My commute to work consists of country roads, so I pass my fair share of pastures and fields. I've told Mister Rabbit to hurry up and cross the road, or to stay on his side, and I say good morning to the resident Hawk that sits up top of a dead tree at the corner of Green and 80th, looking for his breakfast to scurry across the field, and I have had my fair share of encounters with brave deer darting from field to field or field to woods.

This morning's drive was not all that different, that was until I was passing a pasture, where my eyes at first tricked me into believing that I was seeing a very large rabbit running inside of the cow pasture, but as I focused more on the running creature, I realized that it was a dog! A Sheepdog running as fast as its little legs could carry it! And as I drove past, I imagined that that little Sheepdog, out in that big ole pasture, was pretending that it was herding some sort of livestock. It was having the time of its life! And in that small amount of time that I watched this dog run along the pasture fence with so much freedom, zero responsibilities, I saw so much joy in its most purest of forms.

But this isn't the first time that I've seen such pure joy. No, no it is not. I see it every day when I come to work and take my fur-friends out to the park to run and play. The excitement that builds with each gate opened, almost like the satisfaction of water finally coming to a boil, that last gate opened, an uproar of bubbles, an uproar of four-legged furry-friends running out into the park barking their excitement for the whole world to hear. Not only is it a release of happiness for them, but for me too! They are not the only ones that enjoy their run. I'm enchanted by how they dart to and fro, roll around, run and play. What I would give to be wild and free like that again, but luckily for me, I can live vicariously through all my fur-friends, who thanks to the existence of Dog Star Ranch, can run wild and free!

We hope you all had as great as of a day as all your fur-babies!

Check out more pictures from today by clicking on the link below!
https://flic.kr/s/aHskquNsiM

No comments:

Post a Comment